How many times have you stopped into a Truck Stop or Space Station and thought, “Dang, I’m tired… I need some coffee”. So, you walk up to a big machine, push some buttons, and out spews some black gunk that looks like it came from your last oil change or warp drive coolant change. With your mind moving at a snails pace, you slowly pray, “Dear God in heaven, there has got to be a better way to get good coffee for truck drivers and astronauts.
On The Road Again Coffee
First of all, truck stops and space stations exist for acquiring fuel and to fleece the barely awake desperate fool. Hey, have you ever had a cup of coffee from one of these road side truck stops or Space Station Cafes and said, “Wow… This is good. This is real good”? No? Consider this, even Coyote, with a rocket strapped to his back isn’t that stupid.
Road Runner is smart enough to pass up bad coffee and so should you. Bad coffee just gives you the munchies and the shits. If you’re having a hard time sliding that belly of yours behind the wheel or into your spacesuit, then maybe it’s time to look at options for making your own coffee.
Before you strap into your rocket ship or climb into your rig, consider making your coffee first. Ahhhhh, but you say, “Russell, everyone knows that coffee is best served fresh”. That’s true, it is. But if you are in a bind and way behind and the devil’s willing to make a deal, then sit right there and I’ll show you how it’s done.
You can find my recommendations for all kinds of brewing equipment by just going to the menu at the top of any page on our website, hover over the “FAQ” tab, and select “Brewing Equipment Recommendations“.
- Boiling Water – Coffee for truck drivers and astronauts begins with boiling water. If you have electricity, nothing beats a gooseneck electric kettle. Most space ships have 110 AC outlets, so boiling water is super easy. If you have an older model space ship, then you can just put a tin can on top of the core reactor, but be careful it can get hot. In a truck, you can plug a car kettle into your cigaret lighter.
- Grinding Beans – On the road, manual grinders are the way to go, but not all manual grinders are made equal. Again, check out my “Brewing Equipment Recommendations”.
- Coffee Mugs – Insulated mugs are great, unfortunately very few are made outside of China. Again, check out my “Brewing Equipment Recommendations”. Perhaps by the time you read this, I’ll have found an insulated mug made in the USA.
For more details on brewing techniques, just hover over this site’s “FAQ” tab and select “How To Brew The Smoothest Coffee“.
- AeroPress – The AeroPress is my go-to method for brewing coffee anywhere, anytime. It’s simple, fast, easy to clean, and makes one of the smoothest cups of coffee that you’ll ever experience. Last time I took a trip to Alpha Centauri, I took along my very portable AeroPress.
- French Press – The French Press is easy to use, makes one strong cup of coffee, and is easy to clean. I use about 1/3 cup of medium-fine grounds and 16 ounces of hot water. The longer you let the coffee sit in the water, the stronger and more bitter the coffee we be. I let the grounds and water mix together for about 2 minutes.
- Cold-Brew – Cold brew is the best option for coffee for truck drivers and astronauts. It is also the smoothest coffee on the planet and takes less time than it takes to take a piss. The only hitch is that you’ll want to make your cold-brew the night before you takeoff. If you like your coffee hot, just put the cold brew into a microwave or plug your Car Kettle into your cigarette lighter. The instructions below will give you 32 ounces of heavenly smooth coffee. Here’s how you do it.
- Grind about 1/3 cup of beans (Course)
- Toss the grounds into a one quart Mason jar
- Add water
- Screw the lid on
- Put the Mason jar into the refrigerator over night
- Next morning (or an hour or two later) filter out the grounds using a gold colored metal drip coffee machine filter or a tight mesh sieve
- Put the filtered coffee back into the Mason jar
- Put the Mason jar into your cooler
Coffee For Truck Drivers & Astronauts
If you love good coffee and you just happen to have a job where you’re on the road or traveling through space, why can’t you have coffee that’s every bit as good as when you’re home? You can. In fact, I think having great coffee at work is more important than when you are at home.
Who wouldn’t appreciate making their own great cup of coffee? Whether you’re a truck driver, or an astronaut, or a cop, or a traveling salesman, or whatever. There is no one, no store, and no one that can make your coffee the way you like it better than you. All you need is the right equipment.
Lake City Coffee
At Lake City Coffee, we’re here to help you have the best coffee experience of your life. If you’re looking for smooth, not bitter, and not burnt, then this is the place. We’ll take care of the beans with:
- Only one very carefully selected type of bean from the Tarrazu region of Costa Rica
- Only 4 roasts of Whole Bean: Barely dark, Medium, White, Decaf, Espresso. Yes, I know, I just listed five, but go read the product description for the Espresso and you’ll see why I said 4 roasts.
- Roasted and shipped the same day with delivery, anywhere in the USA in less than 72 hours.
Then we’ll take you by the hand and teach you how to brew coffee worthy of your great-grandmother. We’re here to help you. That means that we will communicate with you more than you’ve probably experienced from any business in your life.
We want to provide service to our customers and friends just like our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents did.
Russell & Alisha Volz (Space Cadets & Proprietors)